I just did this despite feeling like crap this week and seemingly gaining weight instead of losing – no clue what is happening but I’m pushing through it cause doing this can’t hurt my body.
Blog soon, PFF
I am currently down 19lbs 5 weeks in and I am still on track! Yay me! I joined the gym and have actually gone more than once! I even showed up this morning at 715am – worked out on the Stair Treadmill (basically climbing stairs – not the old school stairmaster style) which for 30 minutes earns me 8 (yes EIGHT!) Weight Watchers points – which for excercise is amazing! I really feel it too. For example, 30 minutes on the treadmill where I do on average to start 5mph or less (speaking machine speed here) it will earn me 3 Weight Watchers points for 30 minutes – so why not work the same amount of time, burn more and get more out of my time at the gym? It feels great to sweat and I have already improved in only a few sessions.
To be honest, I am no longer a fan of the treadmill, so if there is one thing that keeps me going to the gym (even in a snowstorm) obviously it works for me right now.
My second new favourite thing is Lukewarm Lemon Water. I literally just started yesterday morning and it honestly is AMAZING! I plan on drinking a glass everyday especially in one day what a difference it made – insanity that something cant effect your body in a positive way so quickly! I looked around online and found an awesome blog from a girl named Beth at www.tasty-yummies.com so check her out. According to her these are the 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning…let me know if you want to try it to – it is awesome and I am only on Day 2! Skip to the last paragraph if you already know all the wonderful effects of this magic potion!
10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning (www.tasty-yummies.com)
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.
2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.
8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. No not brush your teeth just after drinking your lemon water. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.
9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.
10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.
Everything is fantastic about it, so why not do it? Number 10 is a bonus, but 1 – 9 are all fabulous and don’t we all want to feel better, look better and get healthier? I am excited about this find, the fact that this is something I would have never done in my cool ranch doritos and pizza comas. I am really proud of myself that I am doing this, making these healthy changes and continually do so – regardless of the excuses I could make.
Again, I must give a sincere credit to the #wwsisterhood on Instagram – my God! The people (mostly women) on there amaze me everyday and keep me inspired. I am telling you, if you are looking for inspiration, just start looking up #weightwatchers and you will see amazing results that will get you inspired. I truly believe that I will do this, not only because I am working hard to achieve it, but there is a belief inside of me that I can and will achieve my goals this time (plus my fabulous girlfriends who are genuinely rooting for me and want me to succeed). I know it will take time, the time will pass anyway, I am ok with that. I know I will have bad days or perhaps a few in a row, but as long as I keep going and never give up – I will succeed!
Why can’t I do this? Not an option, I will do this. I don’t doubt my strength, passion and power and all I can say is look out mirrors….I am coming for you! I am the only one who can make the changes to make it possible to live the life in a body that I have only dreamed of and 2014 is my year to get to a much better place than I have ever been before. I am drinking the light Weight Watchers / Instragram fam koolaid and loving it! I WILL DO THIS!
This is my life, and I am taking control of it…finally!
Blog Soon, PFF
Follow me on Instagram: @phattofittofab
I know I shouldn’t get used to these types of results so soon but this is great motivation! A dear friend told me last night that she feels like I am going to reach my goal this time. I sure hope she is right so I keep looking at her message to help keep me going. In fact, I posted it on my phattofittofab Instagram because it made me realize I may actually do it this time.
It actually isn’t that hard right now. Sure I get the two regular cravings, Big Macs and POUTINE of course…but I find that I am keeping fruits and vegetables in mind for each meal and again the #wwsisterhood Instagram community is phenomenal and completely awe inspiring. My journey this time started because I found real people, experiencing the same life long struggles I have and they were succeeding! Like real women, losing weight doing it the old fashioned truer than true way – healthy diet and exercise! Who would have thunk it? So many of these women are so inspiring the difference with their before and afters are incredible and you can see differences in only a few weeks. It’s amazing how your body reacts in a positive way. I am really believing that I am capable of this because I can witness others doing the same thing – very successfully!
am slowly incorporating exercise into this journey which definitely gets things moving if you know what I mean 🙂 so that’s a plus
Anyway, one month in and down 18.7lbs. Can’t wait to see what the end of this month shows.
These are my February goals (which I have never really done) so let’s see in a month where I am at.
So Weight watchers and #wwsisterhood is helping me greatly! Great news today as I stepped on the scale.
Let’s hope this progress continues. Last week I had a cheeseburger and POUTINE as a treat from McDonald’s…the first junk food I’ve had since starting. Of course I counted and still had 1 point for the day left that I didn’t even use…not that I needed to. That POUTINE was incredible FYI. I do love Starbucks Chocolate Chip cookies as you know but I haven’t had one in ages. There are a lot of things I haven’t had. I drink more tea than lattes and I love me some lattes. Another thing, this week I didn’t use any of my 49 weeklies (extra points I can use for the week) so yay me!
This seems to get easier as the days go by but I know this battle all too well. There will be a day so dark that all I will want is to wrap myself in a Big Mac curl up with chocolate and put some cool ranch Doritos to shame. Oh the day will come and I hope I am strong enough to resist the urge. If not, it doesn’t necessarily mean I am a failure it means I need to pick myself up and refocus. Not eating my way back to 241lbs. #amen
Just wanted to check in and say Instagram is where the best community of inspiration is for me and I am so glad that I was able to find this community. I feel inspired and am reminded everyday as to why I want this and what is is worth to me.
Follow me on Instagram if you want the most up to date posts – there are a lot per week but hey, whatever works right?!?
Well, a full 7 days have passed since I restarted weight watchers also known as tracking every morsel of food that enters my mouth. I have weighed in and I am happy with the results.
Drumroll please…..down 7.6lbs!
Week one down and I am overwhelmed by the warm and welcoming weight watchers community on Instagram. It started my motivation and I find it helps me stay motivated. #weightwatchers & the #wwsisterhood is truly a group of people like me, who want to lose weight / feel great and are either working hard toward their goal or have reached their goal and now maintaining it. I get great ideas, tips on healthy eating and am inspired by this incredible network of women who genuinely seem to support each other. It is so refreshing and I can honestly say, it’s nice to have an outlet that I can truly be inspired by where women aren’t hating on each other who are in it together if you will. The before and after pics are jaw dropping because they are real women working hard. Tie that with the kick ass quotes that make me feel less alone in this and help realize that my goals are not only realistic but attainable. I am sure you will hear about this more along my journey.
Another thing that I find that is with Weight Watchers there is no food off limits. I can have anything I want but in moderation. I refuse to succumb to these feelings anymore because it is mind over matter and this mind has been tortured enough with self loathing. It’s exhausting. I put so much thought and feeling into how I relate to my body that it would be a nice break to not wake up and wish my weight and life away. I wish I could lose weight. Why can’t I do it? There is no reason I can’t. I have finally realized that no fat fairy is going to show up and take it away where I will awake and be a Victoria’s Secret runway model. I do want it bad enough (I’ve talked about it and written about it enough) I will do whatever it takes to make this happen. I’m tired of being on the sidelines of my life!
I deserve this and 2014 is my year!
Follow my journey on Instagram: phattofittofab
2014: Calling it out. I have fallen off the wagon more than I care to admit. I have the desire to make changes but have been too lazy to follow through.
I keep telling myself that I need the right motivation to get it right but you would think waking up loathing my body would be motivation enough. What about the countless people around me that are losing weight and looking great? If they can do it I certainly can. I tend to start things and get bored and give up. I have finally looked at enough before and after Weight Watchers / weight loss success stories where I don’t have to wonder if I can do this. I will do this. These people have lost 60, 80 and over 100 lbs and are doing fantastic and look amazing. I lost 29.5 lbs in 2012 and gained it all back. It would have been so much easier to lose the additional lbs from the 29.5 I had already but here I am, starting from scratch. I am the only one who can do this and I won’t stop until I do. I am 3 official and 6 non official days in and have lost 5lbs. This is positive and I feel good about this. I hope you aren’t sick of me and my failures and hope you want to read on.
Sidebar: POUTINE is good. So good in fact that my phone autocorrects it to all caps. Even now. My phone even knows how deep my love goes. Again, I prefer to look delish.
Why haven’t I just closed this blog? With apps like snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and so many different mediums to get a shorter message across – blogs are really way too much to read for the average person. If you have read this far I applaud you. Believe me, I have considered many times shutting it down. To be honest, the reason I haven’t and that I am writing now is because I really miss writing. There is something so therapeutic about it that it feels sometimes it was what I was born to do. I remember when I was a very young girl, before I knew how to write I would scribble lines as if I was writing endless words, page after page and I would do this, until I learned how to. Even now, many years later I get an incredible sensation when I open a brand new page and the feeling of joy I experience when my pen touches the blank page is unmatched. It is at this point that anything can happen and that possibilities are endless. Although this is not pen to paper, it is pretty damn close and I really want to prove to myself that I will succeed. I need accountability and this medium provides that for me.
Here I go again,
Ps: Find & follow me on Instagram: phattofittofab as a slightly different yet quicker, effective & a somewhat revealing approach to my journey.
So I weighed myself this am and I am 6 days in, not even a full week since I was eating gravy with a side of mashed potatoes last Monday…and I am down 4.6lbs. Sure, water weight but a loss is a loss and it makes me feel like I am a week closer to where I want to be than I was last week.
I am back on short Starbucks PSL’s so that saves me 5 points a week! Also I haven’t given in to each and every craving I have had and have done my best to practice self control where possible.